Ciel nuageux avec pluies faibles17°
  • Foodie experiencesFoodie experiences
    Pêche à pied Jard sur Mer

    After high tide, rock pooling is a great bucket list option!

    The Best French restaurants, the Vendée recognised for its “Belles tables”

menu burger

Book now

  • Accommodation
  • Puy du fou

Brexit information - what is the story in France

From the 1st January 2021 the conditions drawn up under the Brexit agreement have been enforced. In addition, Covid-19 regulations have also been put into place. So, it is important to stay informed of any further developments via the appropriate channels.

As from 1st January 2021 certain conditions drawn up for the Brexit have been put into place. Here are the main points. Entry conditions relating to Covid-19 regulations will also need to be considered. Additional information can be found on the British Government’s website.

Required Travel documents when travelling to France

Tourists travelling to France must have a valid passport not less than 10 years old. Visas are not required for a stay in the EU, which is also valid for travellers going in the opposite direction. Stays are limited to 90 days maximum over a period of 180 days. Proof must be given that you have travel insurance, a return ticket, and sufficient resources.

At the moment the French Government has assured that a UK driving licence will remain valid for driving in France until the end of 2021.

Healthcare coverage – EHIC card

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued before 31st December 2020 which cover healthcare costs, is valid in EU countries until its expiry date. After which it, will be replaced by the Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).

Travelling with pets - the recent changes

British people travelling with their dog or cat will need to obtain an international health certificate, no later than ten days travelling. It is important to contact your vet 1 month before the planned trip to obtain the certificate (Animal health certificate - AHC) and any relevant vaccinations (such as Rabies).

New rules for transporting food or Plants

Travellers for the UK are not prohibited from transporting meat or milk as well as products which might contain them. Certain plants or products such as flowers, fruits, plants, vegetables …which could be carriers of harmful organisms will undergo a phytosanitary control upon entering the EU.

Phone Roaming options –check things out with your operator first

The Brexit marks the end of free roaming facilities for British tourists. Therefore, it is advisable to contact your operator to find out the roaming charges which they apply in the EU.