Where to swim safely with your family - Les Sables d'Olonne
The beaches of Les Sables d’Olonne, Olonne sur Mer and Talmont Saint Hilaire are safe beaches, supervised by lifeguards during the entire summer season. Peace of mind for parents, and the kids ready to enjoy the delights of swimming in complete safety!
Les Sables d'Olonne : French holiday beach with safety priority
- La Grande Plage: This magnificent beach of fine sand stretches across 3 km and is located in the centre of Les Sables d’Olonne. A vast beach offering a choice of numerous activities and providing lifeguard supervision in the summer months. There are countless beach bars, children’s beach clubs and other entertainment making it very popular and busy. Parking is available in the town centre or various adjacent streets.
- Plage de Tanchet: This beach is perfect for families, sporty people or the adventure seeking enthusiasts who want to try different activities such as kayak, surfing, or paddle. There are designated bathing zones as well as areas exclusively reserved for surfers.
The beach has become a meeting place for young adults and teenagers. It is situated opposite the Ocean sport Institute adjacent to the Lac Tanchet and not far from a skate park. Several parking areas are close by.
- Plage La Paracou: This beach is situated in the La Chaume quartier of Les Sables d’Olonne. It stretches along the « Côte sauvage » (an unspoilt coastline) fringed by sand dunes and the Olonne national forest. The beach, adjacent to the main carpark (at the entrance to the beach) is supervised. Further north, there are numerous rocky areas at low tide, where rock pooling is generally the main activity. A large car park is close at hand.
- Le Bassin d’Ombret: Situated on the « Côte Sauvage » of La Chaume this natural seawater pool is supervised every afternoon during the season, where a beach has been created at the top end of the pool. The water is replaced on a regular basis and it is a great place to bring the kids. Access is possible via the Corniche du Nouch (coastal road). There is a small carpark which is free.
Olonne sur mer a West coast of France beach resort
- Plage de Sauveterre: This vast beach bordered by sand dunes and the Olonne national forest has kept its rugged, unspoiled spirit. It is the main French beach in Olonne sur Mer. A large car park is within walking distance.
Talmont Saint Hilaire : bathing in a safe and a remarkable site part of the West coast of France
- Plage du Veillon: This vast sandy beach extends roughly 1 km along the coast and is divided into two zones. To the north (at the car park) it is reserved for supervised bathing during the summer, to the south, there is an area where you can practice Kitesurfing, with remnants from WWII. A little further, is a magnificent, preserved dune, listed as a "Site Remarquable" in the Vendée (a remarkable site). Nearby parking is free.