Where to swim safely with your family - Pays de Saint Gilles
In the region of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie you can enjoy fully equipped, safe beaches with lifeguard supervision. The choice is yours from several west coast beaches in the area: Saint Hilaire de Riez, Saint Gilles Croix de Vie or Brétignolles sur Mer.
Saint Gilles Croix de Vie : privileged sandy spots for the family
- La Grande Plage: The largest and most beautiful French beach in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie, a 3.6 km fine sandy beach which stretches along the full length of the sand bar. La Grande Plage is supervised, at the northern end which is the liveliest part of the beach. There are various charming walks along the seafront, ideal for an evening stroll passing by its cafes and restaurants. This beach is suitable for people with reduced mobility. Parking areas can be found nearby.
- Plage de Boisvinet: Tucked neatly between the corniche (coastal road) and the jetty, this south facing fine sandy beach is a privileged spot for the family. This French beach is supervised and provides a beach volleyball court for the sportier amongst you. A diving board is also accessible at high tide during the summer. The beach is accessible to people with reduced mobility (tiralo - an amphibious beach chair, allowing you to roll on the beach and float on the water). Parking spaces are nearby, along the roadside.
Saint Hilaire de Riez, perfect for beach holidays in France
- Plages des Demoiselles: This supervised beach combines a residential side thanks to its proximity with Saint Jean de Monts and an unspoilt wild appearance as you leave the town. Its nautical centre is an additional bonus for those sport enthusiasts. Access is provided for people with reduced mobility. Free parking is available on the seafront.
- Plage de La Parée Préneau: Located to the north of Sion sur Océane, this vast unspoilt French beach has lifeguard supervision. An ideal spot for kite lovers who have an area dedicated to this activity. To get there you need to take the D123 which connects Sion to Saint Jean de Monts. There is free parking nearby.
- Plage de la Pège: This large, supervised beach located near several campsites is very busy. However, by walking a little further, you will not have difficulty finding a place to enjoy summer activities with your kids. It is equipped for people with reduced mobility. There are large free car parks behind the dunes.
- Grande Plage de Sion sur l’Océan: This large, supervised beach is one of the most touristic beaches in the area and offers many activities during the summer (children's club, nautical centre, etc.). It is equipped for people with reduced mobility. A large free parking area is located nearby.
Brétignolles sur mer, great for summer activities with the kids
- Plage de la Parée: This supervised beach becomes very wide at low tide, with many exposed rocky areas, making it great for summer activities with the kids, rock pooling is of course at the top of the list. Slightly further north on the “Corniche” coastal road there is free parking along the seafront.
- Plage de la Normandelière: This fine sandy beach is supervised from mid-June to mid-September, and enjoys a protected environment not far from the town centre.