Where to swim safely with your family - Pays de Saint Jean de Monts
If you are looking for fine sandy beaches, but also an untamed wild coastline, let yourself be tempted by the beaches of the Saint Jean de Monts region. Between supervised beaches, safe for bathing and easy access, you are bound to find the perfect beach that suits you!
Notre Dame de Monts, wild but safe kid friendly beaches
- Plage Le Bois Soret: This fine sand beach located between a large dune massif and the forest, is one of the wildest beaches in the Vendée. Peaceful and gently sloping, it will be ideal for your summer activities with the children, access and nearby parking are in wooded areas and sheltered from the sun.
Saint Jean de Monts a relaxed yet sporting French resort beach
- Plage de la Base Nautique: This beach has lifeguard supervision and offers a relaxed yet sporting atmosphere due to the constant toing and froing of boats, sand yachts and kite-surfers. This delightful beach is accessible to people with reduced mobility and the parking is nearby.
- Plage de l’estacade: This supervised beach is close to the lively areas of Saint Jean de Monts. Its few sand dunes give it a wild and unspoiled appearance. The seafront is very well equipped with picnic tables and loungers, ideal for soaking up the sun. Parking is free along the seafront.
- Plage de la Baigneuse: This supervised beach is located near the town centre stretching from the “Avenue de la Mer”, all the way along the Esplanade de la Mer. Many activities are available, and parking is free along the Esplanade. It is also accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Plage des Oiseaux: This is the most central supervised beach of the resort, which stretches along the seafront past the Palais des congrès (Conference centre) and on towards the Océabul aquatic centre. The beach is wide, with fine white sand. A beautiful French beach accessible to people with reduced mobility. Parking on the seafront is free.