Our TOP 10 motorhome parking areas in the Vendée
Some of the best motorhome parking areas can be found in the Vendée. Motorhome enthusiasts will not be disappointed by our top 10 spots! So why not have a peek….
COASTAL MOTORHOME PARKING AREAS
Port du Bec – Bouin, a charming little port
Bouin, the oyster capital of the Vendee is a seaside town with several charming little ports. The motorhome parking area is located in the well-known Port du Bec, which is also referred to as the Port Chinois (Chinese port).
- Location: Port du Bec – 85230 Bouin
- Fees: 5€ per night, 2.50€ for 3 minutes water hook-up point, 2.50€ for 4 hours charging
- Services: 33 pitches, toilets, wastewater disposal area, water and electricity
Aire des Amourettes - L'Aiguillon la Presqu'île, an ideal location
L’aire des Amourettes motorhome parking area is in our top 10 for its ideal location near La Pointe d’Arçay beaches and the Rade d’Amour ornithological observatory. It is also a 10-minute bike ride from the centre of Aiguillon la Presqu’île and not far from the footpaths and cycle paths (Vélodyssée). Recently awarded the Camping-Car Park Label, it is open all year round.
- Location: 232 route de la Point d'Arcay - 85460 L'Aiguillon la Pesque'île
- Fees : 24h stop-over: From 1st Apr. to 30th Sept.: 11.39€/24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept.: 10.00€ /24h I Motorhome Parking 5h + services: All year round 5.50€ I Tourist tax: From 1st Apr. to 30th Sept.: 0.61€/24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept.: 0.00€/24h
- Services: 32 pitches, electricity, service points, wastewater disposal area. Public toilets opposite the parking area
Aire des Goffineaux - Jard sur Mer, complete with a magnificent seaview
L’aire des Goffineaux motorhome parking area faces the ocean. Here you can enjoy a superb view and admire the sun setting as it sinks into the sea.
- Location: 44-52 route des Goffineaux - 85520 Jard sur Mer
- Fees: Paid parking and limited to 48h – 6.20€ (24h)/ 10.40€ (48h)/2.10€ (Water: 10 mins) /3.10€ (Water: 2x10 mins)
- Services: 15 pitches, wastewater disposal area.
La Grande Côte - La Barre de Monts, with easy access to the Vendée’s islands
This motorhome parking area has a perfect location, being close to the Plage de la Grande Côte and the bridge to the island of Noirmoutier. What’s more, ferries departing for the island of Yeu are not far away either. There are also numerous things to do at La Barre de Monts: everything from fishing to leisurely walks, kayaking in the marshes or even an “Oyster route” to explore.
- Location: Route de la Grande Côte - 85550 La Barre de Monts
- Fees: 24h stop-over: From 1st Apr. to 30th Sept.: 13.10€/ 24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept.: 11.00€ /24h I Motorhome parking 5h + services: All year round 5.50€ I Tourist tax: From 1st Apr. to 30th Sept. : 1.30€/ 24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept. : 1.30€/24h
- Services : 54 pitches, selective sorting, wifi, service points.
HEART OF NATURE MOTORHOME PARKING AREAS
Aire les Crins - La Roche sur Yon, a refreshing and natural setting
This privately owned site overlooks the Moulin Papon Lake, a refreshing and natural setting close to the town. A very good place to recharge your batteries. The “Flâneries “shopping centre is just a few minutes away by car. The lake offers plenty of options for hiking, water sports and even fishing.
- Location: La Brunetière - 85000 La Roche sur Yon
- Fees: 4.99€/night, including water and electricity.
- Services: 3 pitches, wifi, selective sorting, laundry facilities, tumble dryer, local products for sale (jam, wine, eggs, apple juice) bread delivery possible.
L'Écurie du Marais poitevin – Benet all year-round motorhome parking
The “Écurie du Marais” is situated in Sainte Christine, a small village set in the heart of the Marais Poitevin. This former “maraîchine” (vegetable growing) farm sits on a 20-hectare estate, welcoming visitors all year round for short stays and to discover its educational farm. Pascal and Mauve Ménard offer a pleasant motorhome reception area, in a calm and natural setting.
- Location: Ferme L’Écurie du Marais, Sainte Christine - 85490 Benet
- Daily Fees: 4 €/motorhome, 2 €/person, electricity, and water: 3 €. Tourist tax: 0,45 €
- Services: Black wastewater disposal on site if you use biodegradable products; for grey wastewater disposal, there is a service area at the Intermarché car park in Benet just 6 km away. Sanitary facilities and freezer are also available. Swimming pool and free wifi.
As well as: table d’hôtes, sale of farm products, donkey rides, horse rides, visits to the farm, nature activities, bike hire, free boat or canoe outings with a map and itinerary provided (low season only), guided boat trips and walks, and equestrian activities (July and August only).
Motorhome parking near Sallertaine, a unique artisan village
As you wander through the narrow streets of this small village awarded the “Ville et Métier d'art" label” (the applied arts label) you can visit the workshops of 40 artisans that are present during the season. Atypical and recognisable by its two churches, this village enjoys a delightful and restful setting amidst the Marais Breton Vendéen.
- Location: Route de Saint Urbain - 85300 Sallertaine
- Fees: 24h stop-over: From 1st Jun. to 30th Sept.: 12.00€/ 24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept.: 11.10€ /24h I Parking 5h + services: All year round 5.50€ I Tourist tax : From 1st Jun. to 30th Sept. : 0.90€/ 24h – From 1st Oct. to 30th Sept. : 0.00€/24h[MB3]
- Services: 30 pitches, drinking water, wastewater disposal area, 32 electric charging points, toilets
La Miellerie des Fontenelles – Triaize, enjoy a beekeeping experience
For those of you with a sweet tooth, a stop-off at La miellerie des Fontenelles (honey producers) is a must. Here you can visit the shop where local products are on sale as well as various items produced from beehives. Visitors can also take part in workshops related to beekeeping.
- Location: Les Fontenelles - 85580 Triaize
- Fees: Free motorhome parking from 6pm to 12am the following day.
- Services: 6 pitches, no services (no water)
Town centre motorhome parking areas
Aire de la Place Clemenceau - Mareuil sur Lay Dissais, an ideal spot to discover local specialities
This motorhome parking area is very close to local shops (bakery, chemist, restaurants…etc.) and the starting point for numerous hiking trails. This is an ideal location to discover the Fief Vendéen vineyards of Mareuil, the “gâche” (a type of sweet bread like brioche, but more compact) but also a rich historical heritage.
- Location: Place Georges Clemenceau - 85320 Mareuil sur Lay Dissais
- Fees: free motorhome parking /2€ for 10 minutes water refill)/ 3€ (4h electricity charging)/ 5€ (8h electricity charging)/ 8€ (12h electricity charging)
- Services: 7 pitches, water, electricity
Aire des Gâtines - Talmont Saint Hilaire, a central parking area
This motorhome parking area located in the town centre, is within walking distance of the Tourist Office, the medieval castle and is next to the artificial lake “de la Chapelle”. Here you can soak up the atmosphere of Talmont Saint Hilaire, almost like a journey back in time. Be sure to visit this famous “knights” castle!
- Location: Rue des Gâtines - 85440 Talmont Saint Hilaire
- Fees: Parking « all inclusive » (i.e. water and electricity) : from 1st Oct. to 31st Mar.: 11€ / From 1st Apr. to 30th Sept. : 13€ / Tourist tax : 0.66€/night/person
- Services: water and electricity points, rubbish bins, toilets, wastewater disposal area, playground, picnic area.
Your perfect motorhome parking area in the Vendée
From now on, you will be able to find a motorhome parking area anywhere in the Vendée. So, are you searching for a pitch in Saint Jean de Monts, Saint Gilles Croix de Vie or Les Sables d’Olonne? Just click on this link to find the right spot for you here.