- Experience the Vendée
- Outstanding events
- Vendée Arctique - Les Sables d'Olonne
- The Vendée Arctique village in Les Sables d’Olonne
- Vendée Arctique village – a nautical event information place !
Vendée Arctique village – a nautical event information place !
The skipper’s taking part in the second edition of the Vendée Arctique race will set sail on the 12th June 2022 from Les Sables d’Olonne. This single-handed, non-stop, non-assisted journey will head north, towards the Arctic Circle and Iceland. To accompany them on their journey, the Vendée Artique Village will be open from Saturday 4th June 2022 for a period of 3 weeks.
Visitors can admire the IMOCA boats moored at the iconic Vendée Globe pontoon until the start of the race. You can also follow the race live, attend exclusive online broadcasts with the skippers and take part in various events. This coverage will continue right up to the prize-giving ceremony on Sunday 26th June.
The Vendée Artique village opening times – “ship ahoy” in Les Sables d’Olonne
The Village will be open from the 4th June until the 26th June 2022 in Port Olona, Les Sables d’Olonne.
From the 4th to 12th June: Village (before the race) open daily from 10am to 8pm.
From the 15th to 26th June: Village (race news coverage) open on weekdays from 4pm to 8pm and during the weekend from 10am to 8pm.
The bar will remain open in the evening until around 1amThe village will be closed on the 13th and 14th June.
NB: village opening hours will vary according to the arrival’s times of the various boats, scheduled between the 23rd and 26th June.
The Vendée Arctique Village Highlights
Friday 3rd June: Parade of Vendée Globe 2020 skippers on the Remblai des Sables from 9.30pm, followed by a firework display at 11pm.
Saturday 4th June: Inauguration of the Vendée Arctique village followed by the official opening to the public at 10am.
From 5pm until 9pm: The Runs (timed speed races) of the IMOCA boats in the bay of Les Sables d’Olonne, and from 9.30pm: public presentation of the skippers.
Friday 10th June: Live concert organised in the Vendée Arctique village
Sunday 12th June - Start of the Vendée Arctique race:
From 1.pm: Exit from the Channel
At 5pm: the IMOCA boats set sail
Tuesday 21st June: Fête de la Musique and concert in the Vendée Arctique village
Sunday 26th June: Prize-giving ceremony for the Vendée Arctique race.
The Vendée Arctique – Captain’s “Activities” log and nautical village charts
During this 3-week period, come and discover the various activities that the village has to offer:
Various on-going activities:
- The “Skippers Lives” every day at 7pm
- A 200m² ice rink
- Round table” games and quizzes presented by
- A unique photo exhibition by a photographer who specialises in Arctic expeditions
- “The Virtual Arctique Expedition” on Oculus – a virtual reality game
- The “Virtual Regatta Inshore” challenge on a giant screen, registration possible from the 19th May
And during the race:
- The “Water balls” Challenge
- Races using remote-controlled IMOCA model boats
Several stand to visit :
- The Vendée Départment (county council) stand: Discover the skippers and the Vendee Arctic 2022 course as well as the Vendée, a “land of sailing”.
- The Tourism Pavilion by Vendée Tourisme: The must-see event for families! Every day, take advantage of the new experiences and activities offered by Vendée Tourisme.
Plan du village de la Vendée Arctique 2022
The Vendée Arctique 2022 village will close its doors after the prize-giving ceremony scheduled for the 26th June 2022.
How to get to the Vendée Arctic village in Les Sables d'Olonne ?
The skippers registered for the Vendée Arctic les Sables d'Olonne
Discover all the details on the Vendée Arctique Les Sables d’Olonne 2022!
Go to our special Vendée Arctique les Sables d'Olonne 2022 area to find all the information on the 1st qualifying race for the Vendée Globe 2024! You will find the registered skippers, the race route, practical information on the village and how to attend the start of the Vendée Arctique les Sables d'Olonne... Once the race has started, follow the race day after day with the official ranking! #VendeeArctique
Learn more about the Vendée Arctique les Sables d'Olonne 2022