The Cinéscénie an unforgettable night-time show
The Cinéscénie is the world's biggest night-time show and a legend, in its own right. This incredible spectacle is performed on a stage covering 23 hectares by more than 2550 volunteers. These actors retrace the history of the Maupilier family from the Middle Ages up until the Second World war. The show is reviewed every year, introducing new scenes, decor, and the latest technologies as well as stunning special effects. You’ll relive the history of the Vendée on an XXX large scale!
See the 2024 opening calendar
After dark, you can discover the Puy du Fou's spectacular nigh-time show. In the magical setting of the Chateau du Puy du Fou, the 2550 Cinéscénie actors portray the History of France during this extravagant 1h30 minute show. Take a seat in the stands of the Cinéscénie where you will travel back through the ages and the history of the Maupilier family: from the Middle Ages to the Second World War, by the way of the Renaissance and the War of the Vendée. You will “relive” the history of the Vendée.
The Puy du Fou Cinéscénie will be played on Saturdays June 1st and 8th, then every Friday and Saturday from June 14th to September 14th, 2024, except Fridays July 26th and September 13th.
The dates of the Cinéscénie correspond to the dates framed in blue in the opening calendar.
If you already have your Cinéscénie tickets, here is some practical advice so that you can fully enjoy the show:
- Cinéscénie tickets can be booked as part of our Puy du Fou + Cinéscénie short breaks.
- When making your booking, it is possible to reserve superior (preferential) seating at the Cinéscénie : enjoy a "Silver" (+€11 per person) or "Golden Square" (+€22 per person) seating in the Cinescénie grandstand (subject to availability).
- For the Cinéscénie, it is advised to bring warm clothing or rain gear if necessary.
- Cameras and camcorders are strictly prohibited during the show.
- Free simultaneous translations are available via the Puy du Fou’s mobile App.
- Duration of the Cinéscénie : 1h30.
THE HISTORY BEHIND THE "CINESCENIE"
The crazy epic of the Puy du Fou began in 1977, the day that Philippe de Villiers (the president of the Puy du Fou) discovered the ruins of the old chateau. One year later, on the 16th June 1978, the first representation of the Cinéscénie was given by more than 600 Puyfolais, volunteers of the Puy du Fou association. Year by year the show is reviewed with new scenes, new décor, new costumes and latest technologies… Again today, the tremendous emotion of the Cinéscénie is portrayed by more than 2550 volunteer Puyfolais on a 23-hectares stage. The Cinéscénie has become sensational myth well worth seeing!
In 1989, to cope with the tremendous success of the Cinéscénie, the Puy du Fou was created. The idea was to offer a daytime circuit mixing culture, entertainment, and spectacular shows.
See the 2024 opening calendar
Your guarantee for a successful stay
- Our expertise and knowhow for "Turnkey" stays
- Cancellation insurance optional
- Secured payment
- Customer services are there to help
- "En Vendée": the official organisation for Tourism in the Vendée